While you are visiting one of our Helen, Ga cabins, you don’t want to spend a ton of money on finding activities for you and your family to enjoy. We hope to provide you with many ideas for fun affordable activities for you to enjoy during your time in Helen. Of course there is always free entertainment like hiking and sightseeing, but there are many other ways to enjoy the beautiful North Georgia Mountain area, while making memories that will last a lifetime.
In the heat of Summer, water is a great place to start for your Georgia vacation:
1. Cool River Tubing provides a place for you to enjoy the Chattahoochee River while relaxing in the water.
2. You can enjoy some mini golf in Helen Alpine Mini Golf
They are pet friendly as well. Enjoy an ice cream while playing at Scoop de Scoop Ice Cream Parlour
7914 South Main Street, Helen, Georgia 30545
Open Daily March to November from 10 AM til 10 PM (weather permitting)
Open weekends December, January, February as weather permits.
Call ahead to make sure during winter months.
3. For the younger audience, there is Babyland General
FREE! And worth the visit.
Visiting Hours: Monday – Saturday 9-5 EST • Sunday 10-5 EST
Open: New Year’s Eve • July 4th • Day After Thanksgiving
Closed Major Holidays – Call ahead to confirm visiting hours
300 N.O.K. Drive • Cleveland, Georgia 30528
4. Tour the world’s largest Alpine model railroad museum at Charlemagne’s Kingdom.
5. Grab a snack at Fred’s Famous Peanuts, which began nearly 30 years ago as a roadside stand.
6. Stop by the Old Sautee Store, in existence since 1872 and famous for the combination of old store museum, gourmet foods and fine jewelry.
7. Don’t miss Loganberry Heritage Farm, an Appalachian Heritage Farm growing healthy, farm-to-table foods naturally, biologically, ecologically and sustainably on land that once provided home to the Cherokee Indians. Watch cooking demonstrations during Market Days, and sample the harvest in quick and easy recipes.
8. At Smithgall Woods Conservation Area, where there are more than 5,500 acres of land, learning is fun for the whole family with special events like Kids Day at the Park and Junior Ranger Camp. Another can’t-miss bonding opportunity: children and their “big person” can fish in a stocked lake during Youth Fishing Days at Buck Shoals.
9. Check out the Sautee Nacoochee Center: Visual and Performing Arts where you can take in a gallery show or live theatre performance, or the Helen Arts and Heritage Center and Unicoi State Park, with gallery showings, theatre, art and history exhibits, and Saturday evening concerts.
10. You can always take a relaxing stroll around Helen and explore the shops and eateries. Visit the Glass Blowing Shop and watch the demonstrations, Hansel and Gretel, The Nacoochee Tavern and Pizzeria , and many more.
Hopefully we provided you with many ideas for fun activities for your next stay in one of our Helen, Ga cabins.