Local Attractions and Info
People are always asking us what are our favorite things to do in Helen and in the surrounding areas in North Georgia; we always respond with “It is hard to choose a favorite!” To simplify, we finally decided it was time to make a list of those activities and opportunities to experience during your time in our community while enjoying a stay in one of our cabins. This list is comprised of things that we do with our friends and family on trips to Helen and other towns in and near the Mountains of North Georgia, and we would like to share them with you, our guest. We hope this list will give you a jump start on planning your perfect Helen and North Georgia getaway!
- You can see the current and future events for the town of Helen, Ga. here.
- Whitewater Rafting is only a short drive away -http://www.southeasternexpeditions.com/
- For other North Georgia Towns, see what is happening there by going here.
- Also we have a variety of horse drawn buggy rides for any occasions. Chartered buggy rides by the hour and narrated tours of Helen are also available.
- If you have small children, perhaps they would want to see where Cabbage Patch Kids come from.
- You can also take the little one to play “Putt Putt Golf” here while staying in Helen, GA.
- I know you have heard there is Gold in them there hills; where you can find it in Helen.
- Did I hear you wanted to take a nice, relaxing hay ride across some of the hills up in the North?
- Looking for another adventure, try the 4 Wheeling http://sunburststables.com/adventures/atv-trail-rides/
- If you are a traveling Pirate looking to play some miniature golf, you’re in luck.
- Here’s your chance for you and your family to fly through the trees hanging off a wire.
- Our stables offer guided trail rides with horses that are in training year round to make your riding experience one to remember.
- Interested in the local fine arts? There is always a daily art demonstration that features paintings, woodworking, fiber arts, photography, pottery and more by our local residents.
- Are you into pottery, where we have a working studio featuring decorative, functional stoneware pottery.
- If you enjoy looking and gazing at waterfalls, N.Georgia has their share. Here is one you won’t want to miss. Her name is Anna Ruby.
- N.Georgia does have some of the Appalachian Trail and if you have had a life time dreamed of hiking the Appalachian Trail, now is your chance.
- If you haven’t heard of Brasstown Bald, here is your chance to experience and see all of nature on the highest point in Georgia!
- If you are into Model Railroading, well Helen has that for you as well.
- You probably never expected this, but yes, Helen does have Goats on the Roof.
- We have a State Park right near Helen, Ga that will give you and your family a time to remember as well.
- If you would like to stop in and see an authentic Grist Mill & Country Store, come on in.
We could continue on with items that you might find interesting, but that would take all the fun out of your opportunity to explore Helen and discover what you enjoy! Being here is the chance to make a vacation just what you want it to be. Relaxing and peaceful or adventurous and exciting. With so many opportunities, you get to choose. And don’t forget, you can always go back to your cabin and relax in the hot tub, sit by the fire, or tell story at the fire pit in the evenings.